Application Procedure

Here you can find out, how to apply for one of our International Programs (programs taught entirely in English, a German language course is included in each International Program).

If you want to take university courses taught in German instead, please contact us directly via international(at) mosbach.dhbw.de

For exchange students wishing to participate in one of our International Programs, the application process is as follows:

Prerequisites and Language Requirements

Language Requirements

English: B2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). You have to be fluent in written and spoken English. Providing a current language certificate with your application is recommended, e.g. TOEFL, Tefl, Toeic, Cambridge Certificate etc.

Prerequisites for the International Program in Engineering (IPE)

If you want to participate in the International Program in Engineering (IPE), you should be in your 4th or 5th semester of study and have knowledge of the following topics:

Prerequisites for the IPE
Profound knowlegdeBasic knowlegde
  • Physics
  • General technical modules
  • Mathematics
  • Electricial engineering
  • Measurement engineering
  • Information technology
  • Programming (at least one programming language)

Application Documents

After you have been nominated by your home university, we require the following application documents:

All documents have to be completed in full for your application to be valid.

Application Deadlines

Please make sure that the application materials mentioned above are handed in before the respective deadline.

After the deadline has passed, we will send out admission letters and detailed information (for example about your life on one of our two campuses).

Visa Regulations


After arrival, students have to register at the local town hall. This is applicable to students from EU-countries as well as for students from non-EU-countries. We will brief you on this during the Orientation Days and the tutors will accompany you to the respective office in the town hall.

Visa / Residence Permit:

For students from non-EU-countries, additional to registration, visa and residence permits might be mandatory.